Greetings to all! I have to deviate from my usual blog posts about writing to make good on an overdue promise I was supposed to deliver on weeks ago. Please bear with me. Hammercy.
I get asked a lot how I keep my skin clear and healthy throughout the year. I was asked to post my response on my blog a while back and I honestly forgot about it until it was brought to my attention today. I don’t care to talk or blog about “beauty regimens” because that just doesn’t interest me. Writing is what I prefer to blog about. Seeing how I’m a minimalist, I don’t do much or anything special for my skin, but some people tend to think I do. As promised, although I’m a little late, this is how I take care of my skin:
1. I use clarifying cleansers for my face and sulfate free and paraben free body washes.
2. I don’t pop my acne or pick at my healing scars.
3. I use Shea, Mango and Cocoa Butter on my skin. When I’m too tired to make my own whipped body butter, I’ll get something close to it at The Body Shop.
4. I don’t worry or stress over everything. I take one day at a time and try to see things in a way that will make me feel good on the inside so I can shine on the outside.
5. I get regular sleep and of course, I make time for cat naps Lmbo!
6. Melanin, Melanin and more Melanin. I hope I don’t offend anyone, but melanin has been proven to have a lot of anti aging properties. The biggest being that skin with high amounts of melanin doesn’t age as quickly. The skin stays tighter, firmer and more youthful looking due to the high amounts of melanin.
That’s it folks. As you can see, it’s just that simple. I don’t like to over complicate things. Life can be complicating enough.
Until next time….